Who is Chris?
Already an experienced PLC Chairman, Chris has a thorough understanding of business finance, and, having risen through the ranks, is a highly capable operator. His success has come from a vigilant approach to the control of finances and assets and a willingness to develop new products and ideas for the marketplaces in which he operates.
As with all non-executive directors Chris Swan is driven by a hunger to succeed, and his results speak for themselves – he’s an asset to any business and relishes the challenge presented by companies yearning for rapid growth. His success has come from a vigilant approach to the control of finances and assets, and a willingness to develop new products and ideas for the marketplaces within which he operates as a non-executive chairman or in a director role.
Chris also has a keen interest in social and environmental issues, and a willingness to put time and effort into any socially beneficial cause with a defined objective. With ample experience gained through non-executive directorships in the UK, he is a strategic and engaging thinker.
Businessman, philanthropist, family man
- Honorary Doctorate – University of Central England, for exceptional entrepreneurial skills
- Europe’s Top Job Creator 1992–1999 – Europe’s 500 (under the patronage of the European Commission), for ‘ingenuity, hard work, perseverance and a capacity for innovation; having shaped a successful and growing business, with a continued significance to the creation of new employment’
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Financial Times/Coopers & Lybrand
- Businessman of the Year Award – Variety Club of Great Britain
- Venturer of the Year, Best Small Management Buyout. – Award sponsored by The British Venture Capital Association
- Young Businessman Of The Year Award – Variety Club of Great Britain